Instead of a Holiday: Spain
Where shall we go today?
While the world deals with the pandemic, many aspects of our normal lives are on hold. Holidays in 2020 are likely to be difficult or impossible. With than in mind, we’ve put together a series of ‘instead of a holiday’ book lists. These lists contain novels with a sense of atmosphere and setting to imaginatively transport you to places you can’t currently get to, as well as travel, food and history writing to provide that all-important cultural engagement.
Here we present Spain: passionate, vibrant, and with a rich cultural history influenced by both East and West.
All books on this list
- SpainJan Morris£8.99
- The Telling RoomMichael Paterniti£9.99
- Driving Over LemonsChris Stewart£9.99
- The Food of SpainClaudia Roden£30.00
- Carpenter’s PencilManuel Rivas£8.99
- The Shadow of the WindCarlos Ruiz Zafon£9.99
- Bret Easton Ellis and the Other DogsLina Wolff, Frank Perry£10.00
- Inventing LoveJose Ovejero£9.99
- Mac and His ProblemEnrique Vila-Matas, Margaret Jull Costa, Sophie Hughes£14.99
- A Long Petal of the SeaIsabel Allende£16.99
- FiestaErnest Hemingway£7.99
- Or the Bull Kills YouJason Webster£8.99