Short Stories in French for Intermediate Learners
An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for young adult and adult intermediate learners of French.
Olly’s top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work – and you will too!
– Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers
Short Stories in French for Intermediate Learners has been written especially for students from a low-intermediate to intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, and most importantly – enjoyment! Mapped to B1-B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages, these eight captivating stories will both entertain you and give you a feeling of progress when reading.
What does this book give you?
* Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller – making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
* Controlled language at your level, to help you progress confidently
* Realistic spoken dialogues, to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
* Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
* Beautiful illustrations accompanying each story, to set the scene and support your understanding
* Pleasure! Research shows that if you’re enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won’t experience the usual feelings of frustration – ‘It’s too hard!’ ‘I don’t understand!’
With intriguing plots that will spark your imagination and keep you reading, Short Stories in French for Intermediate Learners will take your grasp of French to the next level with key features to support and consolidate your progress, including:
* A glossary for bold-face words in each text
* A bilingual word list
* Full plot summary
* Comprehension questions after each chapter.
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in French for Intermediate Learners uses reading as the perfect tool to not only delight in learning French, but to accelerate your journey towards fluency.
Use the code inside the book and ebook to access the free bonus story and the discounted audiobook on our Language Readers Library site or on the Language Readers app.
As researchers in language acquisition, we need to study people like you. * Stephen Krashen, Emeritus Professor, University of Southern California * Olly's advice on language learning is the real deal, and I recommend you pay attention to what he has to say! * Benny Lewis, Fluent in 3 Months * When we wanted to create a free online course on how to learn a language we asked Olly to write it with us. * Dr Tita Beaven, The Open University * Learning a language is challenging, but it's one of the best things you can do for your brain and your learning skill set... Olly Richards is doing some seriously incredible work to empower more and more people to rise to the challenge. * Jonathan Levi * Olly bridges the gap between theory and practice by helping you to use scientific principles to get real results with your language learning. * Anthony Metivier, Magnetic Memory Method * Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. * Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers *
Book experts at your service
What are you looking for?