What I’ve Been Reading Recently – Tom M
I read a lot (164 books last year – Eeeek!). It tends to float between American fiction, noir and fiction connected to the land, with the odd graphic novel, beat writer and a bit of non-fiction thrown in. And, with two young children, I inevitably get through my fair share of kids books, too.
After enjoying several great Irish authors in 2020 (notably Colum McCann, Caoilinn Hughes and Kevin Barry), I have started 2021 with a resolution to read more novels from the Emerald Isle, so you’ll find a good amount of those in amongst this lot at the moment.
All books on this list
- Bright Burning ThingsLisa Harding£14.99
- The Glorious HeresiesLisa McInerney£8.99
- Beyond the SeaPaul Lynch£8.99
- Oak FlatLauren Redniss£22.50
- That Old Country MusicKevin Barry£14.99
- Jurassic ParkMichael Crichton£8.99
- PulpEd Brubaker, Sean Phillips, Jacob Phillips£11.99
- BreathTim Winton£8.99
- Owls of the Eastern IceJonathan C. Slaght£20.00
- This Tender LandWilliam Kent Krueger£8.99
- Jesus’ SonDenis Johnson£8.99
- BOOT small robot, BIG adventureShane Hegarty, Ben Mantle£6.99