Seeing as this year has been defined the uncertainty of the future, I’ve been finding comfort in hunting down books of the past that have flown under the radar. After being lent a stack of Anita Brookner’s books during lockdown by a generous friend, she has fast become one of my all time favourite authors, and luckily for us, she has written twenty-four novels!
Do you have any backlisted favourites you’d like to see on this list?
All books on this list
- Hotel du LacAnita Brookner£8.99
- The Greengage SummerRumer Godden£8.99
- SkylarkDezso Kosztolanyi£12.99
- We Think The World Of YouJ R Ackerley£12.99
- FlatlandEdwin A. Abbott, Rosemary Jann£6.99
- The Light YearsElizabeth Jane Howard£9.99
- Don’t Look At Me Like ThatDiana Athill£10.00
- The EmigrantsW. G. Sebald, Michael Hulse£9.99
- BluebeardKurt Vonnegut£8.99
- I Capture The CastleDodie Smith, Valerie Grove£7.99
- PassingNella Larsen£7.99
- JuneteenthRalph Ellison, John Callahan£9.99
- The Man Who Was ThursdayG K Chesterton£5.99