Instead of a Holiday: Nigeria
Where shall we go today?
While the world deals with the pandemic, many aspects of our normal lives are on hold. Holidays in 2020 are likely to be difficult or impossible. With than in mind, we’ve put together a series of ‘instead of a holiday’ book lists. These lists contain novels with a sense of atmosphere and setting to imaginatively transport you to places you can’t currently get to, as well as travel, food and history writing to provide that all-important cultural engagement.
Today, come with us on a literary trip to Nigeria, from buzzing fiction set in Lagos, to essential history about environmental justice and activism.
All books on this list
- Welcome to LagosChibundu Onuzo£8.99
- Stay With MeAyobami Adebayo£8.99
- Looking for TranswonderlandNoo Saro-Wiwa£9.99
- Half of a Yellow SunChimamanda Ngozi Adichie£8.99
- My Sister, the Serial KillerOyinkan Braithwaite£8.99
- A Month And A DayKen Saro-Wiwa£9.99
- The FishermenChigozie Obioma£9.99
- Making WolfTade Thompson£8.99