Instead of A Holiday: Japan
Where shall we go today?
While the world deals with the pandemic, many aspects of our normal lives are on hold. Holidays in 2020 are likely to be difficult or impossible. With than in mind, we’ve put together a series of ‘instead of a holiday’ book lists. These lists contain novels with a sense of atmosphere and setting to imaginatively transport you to places you can’t currently get to, as well as travel, food and history writing to provide that all-important cultural engagement.
In our latest instalment we go to Japan.
All books on this list
- ‘Cherry’ IngramNaoko Abe£10.99
- The Cat and The CityNick Bradley£14.99
- The Forest of Wool and SteelNatsu Miyashita, Philip Gabriel£8.99
- The Sound of the MountainYasunari Kawabata, Edward G. Seidensticker£9.99
- Salad AnniversaryMachi Tawara, Juliet Winters Carpenter£9.99
- Strange Weather in TokyoHiromi Kawakami, Allison Markin Powell£7.99
- The Honjin MurdersSeishi Yokomizo, Louise Heal Kawai£8.99
- KitchenBanana Yoshimoto£8.99
- The Penguin Book of Japanese Short StoriesJay Rubin£10.99