Instead of a holiday: Italy
Where shall we go today?
While the world deals with the pandemic, many aspects of our normal lives are on hold. Holidays in 2020 are likely to be difficult or impossible. With than in mind, we’ve put together a series of ‘instead of a holiday’ book lists. These lists contain novels with a sense of atmosphere and setting to imaginatively transport you to places you can’t currently get to, as well as travel and history writing to provide that all-important cultural engagement.
First up, Italy!
All books on this list
- Happiness, As SuchNatalia Ginzburg, Minna Proctor£9.99
- GroveEsther Kinsky, Caroline Schmidt£12.99
- We Are FamilyFabio Bartolomei, Antony Shugaar£12.99
- Venice, An InteriorJavier Marias£5.00
- The Madonna of The MountainsElise Valmorbida£8.99
- The Beauty and the TerrorCatherine Fletcher£25.00
- What Hell Is NotAlessandro D'Avenia, Jeremy Parzen£8.99
- Soul of the BorderMatteo Righetto, Howard Curtis£9.99
- The Beautiful SummerCesare Pavese, Elizabeth Strout£7.99
- Rome: A History in Seven SackingsMatthew Kneale£10.99