Happiness is London
Aminatta Forna’s “Happiness” is a fascinating portrait of modern London, particularly the London that exists in the margins. In the dull light between day and night newcomers to the city cross one another’s paths as they play out their daily dramas – whether they’re avian, human or animal. Once I’d put it down and reflected on the cosmopolitanism, urban wildlife and loneliness of our vast capital, I thought I’d pull together a list of other great novels that have evoked many different Londons as the city has developed over time.
All books on this list
If you order this book list or item from it, we will ship them as soon as possible once it is safe and responsible for us to resume shipping.
- HappinessAminatta Forna£16.99
- CapitalJohn Lanchester£8.99
- HonourElif Shafak£8.99
- Twenty Thousand Streets Under the SkyPatrick Hamilton£10.99
- JoyJonathan Lee£8.99
- The Night WatchSarah Waters£8.99
- Bleak HouseCharles Dickens, Dr. Nicola Bradbury, Terry Eagleton, Dr. Nicola Bradbury£7.99
- Capital PunishmentRobert Wilson£7.99
- Rivers of LondonBen Aaronovitch£8.99
- The Crimson Petal And The WhiteMichel Faber£9.99