As medical memoirs become increasingly popular we thought we’d delve into some of the fascinating minds of those who hold our lives in their hands. Adrian Owen finds ways to communicate with those in a persistent vegetative state, Adam Kay takes us through his hilarious diary of life as a junior doctor (hilarious in a laughing whilst hiding behind your hands kind of way) and Henry Marsh considers what it is for a brain surgeon to yield such power over life. Not for the squeamish!
All books on this list
If you order this book list or item from it, we will ship them as soon as possible once it is safe and responsible for us to resume shipping.
- Do No HarmHenry Marsh£8.99
- Now and at the Hour of Our DeathSusana Moreira Marques, Julia Sanches£8.99
- Past MortemsCarla Valentine£12.99
- BetterAtul Gawande£9.99
- When Breath Becomes AirPaul Kalanithi£8.99
- Into the Grey ZoneAdrian Owen£16.99
- The Doctor Will See You NowDr Max Pemberton£8.99
- This is Going to HurtAdam Kay£16.99
- A Country Doctor’s NotebookMikhail Bulgakov£7.99
- Fragile LivesStephen Westaby£14.99