Build Back Better: politics and possibility
We’ve put together a series of book lists on the theme of ‘building back better’. For most of us, the global pandemic has been a time of fear, anxiety, and sadness. But for many, there have been moments of joy and reflection. Whether it’s finding new ways to occupy ourselves, or showing kindness within our community, or appreciating the quiet roads, there might be something that we want to keep from this period of lockdown and bring into the new world. These lists will each focus on a particular theme; we hope you enjoy them.
This first ‘build back better’ list is about politics. After conflicts and disasters, societies in the past have taken stock and made decisions on how we might run things differently. Here are some books that explore different, sometimes radical ideas about society, hope, and change.
All books on this list
- Hope In The DarkRebecca Solnit£9.99
- From What Is to What IfRob Hopkins£19.99
- HumankindRutger Bregman£20.00
- A Place of RefugeTobias Jones£9.99
- The Case for the Green New DealAnn Pettifor£12.99
- Give People MoneyAnnie Lowrey£12.99
- Utopia for RealistsRutger Bregman£8.99
- Future PoliticsJamie Susskind£9.99