What I’ve Been Reading Recently – Kate
In November, I had a drawn out fight with my appendix and found myself away from the book shop for a month of recovery. Feeling somewhat out of the loop with the world of books and needing some cheering up, my reading habits became somewhat sporadic. I got entangled in a new (old) series, dusted off books that have been sitting far too long on my shelves, and made the occasional online purchase. As such, the below booklist is a slightly odd one, but perhaps that is just a sign of the times.
I’m currently in the middle of Chatwin’s ‘On the Black Hill’, which is the closest to Steinbeck I’ve got in a while, and am eager to begin reading ‘Indelicacy’, which I’ve had my eye on for some time and which has recently made it’s way onto the Rathbones Folio Prize long list!
All books on this list
- The Light YearsElizabeth Jane Howard£9.99
- Marking TimeElizabeth Jane Howard£9.99
- ConfusionElizabeth Jane Howard£8.99
- Casting OffElizabeth Jane Howard£9.99
- All ChangeElizabeth Jane Howard£9.99
- The SeasSamantha Hunt, Maggie Nelson£8.99
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and EvilJohn Berendt£10.99
- The ArgonautsMaggie Nelson£9.99
- On The Black HillBruce Chatwin£9.99
- IndelicacyAmina Cain£9.99
- Hand-grenade Practice in PekingFrances Wood£11.00