Mr B’s Books to Remember in a Year to Forget: Translated Fiction
We love translated fiction at Mr B’s; it’s never been more important to seek perspective, and maintain our curiosity. These books will have you vicariously visiting places and times far and wide.
Each year we produce our Christmas catalogue which features 101 of our favourite books of the year and the festive season (you can read it right here – https://mrbsemporium.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Christmas-Catto-2020.pdf). But that’s ONLY 101 books, and there are so many more to talk about and in 2020 they’re so tricky to discover. That’s why we’ve decided to create the first annual Mr B’s “Books of the Year” Lists which in 2020 we’re calling “Books to Remember in a Year to Forget“. In all, there will be a staggering 70 “half-dozens” of books across all the genres and subjects we get asked for most and that we read the most. We’ve limited our picks to books published in 2020 – either in hardback or paperback form. Beyond that it’s just a free-wheeling subjective gallop through what we consider to be some of 2020’s publishing highlights.
All books on this list
- Breasts and EggsMieko Kawakami, Sam Bett, David Boyd£14.99
- The Discomfort of EveningMarieke Lucas Rijneveld, Michele Hutchison£8.99
- Hundred Million Years and a DayJean-Baptiste Andrea£10.99
- Winter in SokchoElisa Shua Dusapin, Aneesa Abbas Higgins£9.99
- LiarAyelet Gundar-Goshen, Sondra Silverston£8.99
- Grey BeesAndrey Kurkov, Boris Dralyuk£14.99