Mr B’s Books to Remember in a Year to Forget: Fiction for Young Readers
The best books of 2020 to lure new readers into the joy of chapter books.
Each year we produce our Christmas catalogue which features 101 of our favourite books of the year and the festive season (you can read it right here – https://mrbsemporium.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Christmas-Catto-2020.pdf). But that’s ONLY 101 books, and there are so many more to talk about and in 2020 they’re so tricky to discover. That’s why we’ve decided to create the first annual Mr B’s “Books of the Year” Lists which in 2020 we’re calling “Books to Remember in a Year to Forget”. In all, there will be a staggering 70 “half-dozens” of books across all the genres and subjects we get asked for most and that we read the most. We’ve limited our picks to books published in 2020 – either in hardback or paperback form. Beyond that it’s just a free-wheeling subjective gallop through what we consider to be some of 2020’s publishing highlights.
All books on this list
- Armadillo and HareJeremy Strong, Rebecca Bagley£6.99
- Sam Wu is NOT Afraid of Space!Katie Tsang, Kevin Tsang, Nathan Reed£5.99
- Hotel Flamingo: Fabulous FeastAlex Milway£6.99
- The Secret Time Machine and the Gherkin SwitcherooSimone Lia, Simone Lia£5.99
- The Naughtiest Unicorn on a School TripPip Bird, David O'Connell£5.99
- Knights and Bikes: Wheels of LegendGabrielle Kent, Rex Crowle, Luke Newell£7.99