Mr B’s Books to Remember in a Year to Forget: Children’s Picture Books – People and the Planet
The second of our 2020 picture book lists celebrates people in all their difference and highlights the importance of looking after this one, strange but beautiful world we all share and will be passing on to the next generation of leaders and visionaries.
Each year we produce our Christmas catalogue which features 101 of our favourite books of the year and the festive season (you can read it right here – https://mrbsemporium.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Christmas-Catto-2020.pdf). But that’s ONLY 101 books, and there are so many more to talk about and in 2020 they’re so tricky to discover. That’s why we’ve decided to create the first annual Mr B’s “Books of the Year” Lists which in 2020 we’re calling “Books to Remember in a Year to Forget“. In all, there will be a staggering 70 “half-dozens” of books across all the genres and subjects we get asked for most and that we read the most. We’ve limited our picks to books published in 2020 – either in hardback or paperback form. Beyond that it’s just a free-wheeling subjective gallop through what we consider to be some of 2020’s publishing highlights.
All books on this list
- An ABC of EqualityChana Ginelle Ewing, Paulina Morgan£6.99
- What We’ll BuildOliver Jeffers£14.99
- The Proudest BlueIbtihaj Muhammad, Hatem Aly, S. K. Ali£7.99
- In Every House, on Every StreetJess Hitchman, Lili la Baleine£6.99
- Julian at the WeddingJessica Love, Jessica Love£12.99
- The Farm That Feeds UsNancy Castaldo, Ginnie Hsu£12.99