Indie Publisher of the Day: Profile Books
We’re very conscious that, whilst this splintered world we’re living in threatens and challenges ALL of the businesses in our bookish eco-system, many of the indie publishers we love so much (and their authors) will be finding it particularly tough without shop-floors like ours open to display their books.
So, each day for the foreseeable future, we’re going to post a list featuring one of our favourite independent publishers with a mix of some of their latest titles that might not be getting the attention they deserve and some of what we regard as their “greatest hits”!
Today’s independent publisher is Profile Books. Founded on April Fool’s Day in 1996, Profile Books started off publishing non-fiction ‘with a sprinkling of humour’. Now they have fingers in many pies. Here we’ve collated some of our absolute favorites all in one place.
All books on this list
- Where There’s A WillEmily Chappell
- The Age of Surveillance CapitalismShoshana Zuboff£10.99
- BabelGaston Dorren£9.99
- This LifeMartin Hagglund£18.00
- MoneylandOliver Bullough£9.99
- Medieval BodiesJack Hartnell£12.99
- InfamyJerry Toner£9.99
- Born to RunChristopher McDougall£9.99
- The Classical SchoolCallum Williams£20.00
- Working with NatureJeremy Purseglove£9.99
- NijinskyLucy Moore£10.99
- The Lies That BindKwame Anthony Appiah£9.99