Indie Publisher of the Day: Orenda Books
We’re very conscious that, whilst this splintered world we’re living in threatens and challenges ALL of the businesses in our bookish eco-system, many of the indie publishers we love so much (and their authors) will be finding it particularly tough without shop-floors like ours open to display their books.
So, each day for the forseeable future, we’re going to post a list featuring one of our favourite independent publishers with a mix of some of their latest titles that might not be getting the attention they deserve and some of what we regard as their “greatest hits”!
Founded by Karen Sullivan in 2014, today’s spotlight publisher Orenda Books offers a thrilling collection of crime and literary fiction to dive into. “Orenda” is a Canadian First Nations word that means: ‘The mystical power that drives human accomplishment’. Tackle the mysteries of these nail-biting, nerve-shattering titles with stories that range from cults and smuggling, to dysfunctional marriages and intense friendships.
All books on this list
- BreakersDoug Johnstone£8.99
- BeastMatt Wesolowski£8.99
- ContainmentVanda Symon£8.99
- A Modern FamilyHelga Flatland£8.99
- SisterKjell Ola Dahl, Don Bartlett£8.99
- The LingeringS. J. I. Holliday£8.99
- CageLilja Sigurdardottir, Quentin Bates£8.99
- VioletSJI Holliday£8.99
- Nothing Important Happened TodayWill Carver£8.99
- The HomeSarah Stovell£8.99