Indie Publisher of the Day: Cassava Republic Press
We’re very conscious that, whilst this splintered world we’re living in threatens and challenges ALL of the businesses in our bookish eco-system, many of the indie publishers we love so much (and their authors) will be finding it particularly tough without shop-floors like ours open to display their books.
So, each day for the foreseeable future, we’re going to post a list featuring one of our favourite independent publishers with a mix of some of their latest titles that might not be getting the attention they deserve and some of what we regard as their “greatest hits”!
Our spotlight today falls on Cassava Republic Press. Since it’s inception in Abuja, Nigeria back in 2006, Cassava’s mission has been to bring contemporary African voices to a global readership. With their diverse mix of fiction, non-fiction and children’s titles, they are keen to pose challenging questions of African writing: ‘where have we come from, where are we now, where are we going?’ Why not join the debate…
All books on this list
- The Hundred Wells of SalagaAyesha Harruna Attah£9.99
- A Stranger’s PoseEmmanuel Iduma, Teju Cole, Abraham Oghobase, Adeola Olagunju, Dawit L Petros, Emeka Okereke, Eric Gottesman, Jide Odukoya, Michael Tsegaye, Oumar Ly£10.99
- Easy Motion TouristLeye Adenle£8.99
- Making FuturesSangu Delle£16.99
- On Ajayi Crowther StreetElnathan John, Alaba Onajin£15.99
- Mayowa and the MasqueradesLola Shoneyin£6.99
- What Sunny Saw in the FlamesNnedi Okorafor£7.99
- The Secret of the Purple LakeYaba Badoe, Gbolahan Adams£7.99