Indie Publisher of the Day: British Library Publishing
We’re very conscious that, whilst this splintered world we’re living in threatens and challenges ALL of the businesses in our bookish eco-system, many of the indie publishers we love so much (and their authors) will be finding it particularly tough without shop-floors like ours open to display their books.
So, each day for the forseeable future, we’re going to post a list featuring one of our favourite independent publishers with a mix of some of their latest titles that might not be getting the attention they deserve and some of what we regard as their “greatest hits”!
The British Library collection is vast (150 million items and counting). What a marvellous resource for rediscovering lost gems; reviving long out of print titles; or using that archive (which includes manuscripts and maps) to bring an aspect of history to life. All publication revenue is ploughed back into the institution, so every time you buy one of their titles, you are contributing to the ongoing work of the library itself. Win-win!
All books on this list
- My Husband SimonMollie Panter-Downes£9.99
- Settling ScoresMartin Edwards£8.99
- The Man with Six SensesM. Jaeger£8.99
- The MenuEve Marleau£20.00
- PacificPhilip Hatfield£30.00
- Death in White PyjamasJohn Bude, Martin Edwards£8.99
- A History of Children’s Books in 100 BooksRoderick Cave, Sara Ayad£25.00
- Roarings from Further OutXavier Aldana Reyes, Algernon Blackwood£8.99