Indie Publisher of the Day: Bluemoose Books
We’re very conscious that, whilst this splintered world we’re living in threatens and challenges ALL of the businesses in our bookish eco-system, many of the indie publishers we love so much (and their authors) will be finding it particularly tough without shop-floors like ours open to display their books.
So, each day for the foreseeable future, we’re going to post a list featuring one of our favourite independent publishers with a mix of some of their latest titles that might not be getting the attention they deserve and some of what we regard as their “greatest hits”!
Today’s featured publisher is Bluemoose Books, an indie founded by Kevin and Hetha Duffy in 2006 and based in Hebden Bridge. Over the years they’ve published some real gems from all genres of fiction, including our perennial staff favourite Leonard and Hungry Paul.
All books on this list
- LEONARD AND HUNGRY PAULRonan Hession£8.99
- SLOOTIan Macpherson£8.99
- RAISING SPARKSAriel Kahn£8.99
- SAVING LUCIAAnna Vaught£9.99
- The Moss HouseClara Barley£8.99
- THE Handsworth Times£8.99
- SO THE DOVESHeidi James£8.99
- SEASIDE SPECIAL – POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGEJenn Ashworth, Louise Ayre, Peter Kalu, Paul Kingsnorth, Melissa Wan, Bethan Ellis, Kirsty Logan, Lucy Wilkinson Yates, Anita Sethi, Andrew Michael Hurley£8.99