Indie Publisher of the Day: Arcadia Books
We’re very conscious that, whilst this splintered world we’re living in threatens and challenges ALL of the businesses in our bookish eco-system, many of the indie publishers we love so much (and their authors) will be finding it particularly tough without shop-floors like ours open to display their books.
So, each day for the foreseeable future, we’re going to post a list featuring one of our favourite independent publishers with a mix of some of their latest titles that might not be getting the attention they deserve and some of what we regard as their “greatest hits”!
Today it is the turn of Arcadia Books, with their eclectic – sometimes edgy – list of award winning crime, travel writing and translated literary fiction. Friend of the shop Julian Sayarer’s latest piece of intrepid cycle based travel writing is here, as well as ‘Bent’ the novelised account of the life of Harold Challenor, an ex-SAS met detective who gets sucked in to 1960’s Soho’s criminal underworld.
All books on this list
- Fifty Miles Wide – SIGNED COPIES AVAILABLE!Julian Sayarer£9.99
- BentJoe Thomas£9.99
- Flesh-Coloured DominoesZigmunds Skujins, Kaija Straumanis£9.99
- The Midnight SwimmerEdward Wilson£8.99
- See You TomorrowTore Renberg£8.99
- Old Buildings in North TexasJen Waldo£12.99
- The AnointedMichael Arditti£16.99
- Stories from a Fractured City Tales of Two LondonsClaire Armistead, Ruth Padel, Omar Alfrouh, Ali Smith, Jon Snow, Ed Vulliamy, Nicolette Jones, Tom Dyckhoff, Ferdous Sadat, Helen Simpson£9.99