Indie Publisher of the Day: And Other Stories
We’re very conscious that, whilst this splintered world we’re living in threatens and challenges ALL of the businesses in our bookish eco-system, many of the indie publishers we love so much (and their authors) will be finding it particularly tough without shop-floors like ours open to display their books.
So, each day for the forseeable future, we’re going to post a list featuring one of our favourite independent publishers with a mix of some of their latest titles that might not be getting the attention they deserve and some of what we regard as their “greatest hits”!
Next up is And Other Stories, who publish adventurous and inspiring contemporary writing that aims to push people’s reading limits, including many brilliant translations. Based in Sheffield, they also champion new writing from the north of England.
All books on this list
- TheftLuke Brown£11.99
- The RemainderAlia Trabucco Zeran, Sophie Hughes£12.99
- LoveHanne Orstavik, Martin Aitken£10.00
- Swimming HomeDeborah Levy£8.99
- Bret Easton Ellis and the Other DogsLina Wolff, Frank Perry£10.00
- Slash and BurnClaudia Hernandez, Julia Sanches£11.99
- Signs Preceding the End of the WorldYuri Herrera, Lisa Dillman£8.99
- Invisible Yet Enduring LilacsGerald Murnane£11.99